Social Media

NAV

15 August 2011

Book Review: Hunted by DJ DeSmyter

HuntedHunted by DJ DeSmyter
Publisher
Pendrell Publishing

Pages: Paperback,246
Young Adult
Date Published: August 9 2011
Source: ARC


Seventeen-year-old Lily Atwater has always kept to herself, living a lonely life with her workaholic dad. Not the most thrilling life, but it’s quiet and ordinary, two things she’s come to expect from living in Victor Hills, Michigan.
 When kind and mysterious Alex takes refuge in her home, she is suddenly thrown into his world of werewolves, a world he wants to keep her safe from. But while the two of them grow closer, a relentless hunter continues his search, stalking the woods with hopes of catching the wolf that got away…



REVIEW:
     This is  a book I was practically dying for. I mean seriously ask anyone I talk to constantly and they will  tell you I was. But shortly after I started reading my high expectations dropped a little. I was expecting a kick butt werewolf romance. Which it delivered partly but a few elements were over done and there were not enough of some. It was a good short read.First Ill tell you about the two main characters.
     Hunted was told from the perspective of two people. A normal girl named Lily and her new boyfriend who happens to be a were-wolf Alex. This is where the down fall of the novel occurred. The characters were too perfect for me. Every other page or so the main character Lily talks about how perfect he is. So that's the only part that irked me about it. Now on to the good stuff. Lily had to be my favorite character in the book. She was an avid reader (score!) and loved music. She was good in everything at school except for math (like most people). She is a kind of loner and didn't have any friends except for when Alex comes into her life. From that point on its basically your average romance story and includes action till the very end.
     DJs writing was the average you would expect from any book. It was good but  it wasn't magnificent. It had jokes which left me laughing for a while. Also I found the two MCs voices  became kind of  mushed together so I found myself going back to the beginning of the chapter to see whose perspective it was again. This might have been a factor of them being too perfect. What really caught me was the end of the book. It was full of action and left me questioning things at the end like "What happens next?".
     All in all except for a few elements I disliked it was a good read. I would give it a 3/5 . I want to read what is to come next for Hunted because I have so many questions left. It provides an interesting twist to regular werewolf lore. If you are looking for a paranormal romance I would recommend Hunted to you.

0 Random Thoughts:

Post a Comment