Social Media

NAV

20 March 2012

Book Review: A Million Suns by Beth Revis

A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)
A Million Suns

by Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages:
Hardcover, 386
Young Adult
Date Published:
January 10 2012
Source:Bought
|Twitter|


Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. It’s been three months. In that time, Amy has learned to hide who she is. Elder is trying to be the leader he’s always wanted to be. But as the ship gets more and more out of control, only one thing is certain: They have to get off the ship.

REVIEW:
     Well sometimes the second in a series fails to amount to the greatness of the first in the series. That stops right here. A Million Suns EXCEEDED Across the Universe  in greatness. I didn't think it was possible for that to occur but it did. I was hooked to every single word typed upon the page. I had to force myself to finally close it and get some sleep. A Million Suns has to be one of the most shocking books I've EVER read.
     In A Million Suns our two main characters Amy and Elder begin to change/ develop more in their sort of symbiotic relationship. Amy becomes more adjusted to ship life even though she is still treated like an outcast  and Elder begins to learn more about the life of earthlings. Both of them play a major role in the whole story as a whole. The voices of Amy and Elder are also distinct from one another which helps when a story is told from a dual point of view. Also neither of the voices are annoying which can tend to happen sometimes in books.
     Beth Revis's writing style was one that you can't hate. I enjoy it so much. She keeps you on the edge of your seat to the very end of the book. She has you trying to solve who did what and how that happened but its just so impossible because of the amount of action she has in it. That's one of the key factors I love about her writing. Also her creation of the spaceship is one I found amazing. It's so detailed but then not overly detailed.
     If you havent read Across the Universe. What are you doing here go pick that thing up right now. If you have read it pick up A MILLION SUNS right away. You want regret it. IT WILL have you craving the next book right away. I mean I dont know how Im going to survive. Go get it! Right Now!

2 comments:

  1. I've been scared that this book would fall flat but it looks like I need to grab this book ASAP! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, and yes! I love your review, Patrick! I agree with everything. A Million Suns pretty much blew Across the Universe out of the water. The mystery was so intense and thrilling. I am SO craving the third book. :D Awesome review, Patrick!

    ReplyDelete