Social Media

NAV

03 August 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (9)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This Week I'm Waiting On:
Darker Still (Magic Most Foul, #1)

Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
Publisher:
Sourcebooks Fire
Young Adult
Publication Date:November 1, 2011
The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...
Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.

14 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! I was trying to remember the name of this book. Let me write it down right now. Excellent selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great WoW, Here is mine =]
    http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday3-sweetly-by.html

    -Michael/Bookshelf Reviewer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I've never heard of it before, but it looks amazing! Awesome blog too! I'm now following you :)

    Here's my WoW: http://tiny.cc/i1sc1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! It sounds good and I've add this on my tbr already.


    New follower here! Please feel free to stop by our blog and check out what books I picked this week.

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower! :)

    I am really excited for this book! It looks awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, you have a beautiful blog. Seriously, it's awesome!

    Secondly, I'm also very excited about this book. Just enough thriller to keep it exciting.

    I'm a new follower. Please check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dorian Gray? Pride and Prejudice? Yes! I'm so excited for this one! Great pick.

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of it. Thanks for posting! New Follower here! My Waiting on Wednesday Post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am excited to read this one as well! =) I don't usually like historicals but the synopsis for this one drew me in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds good, great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for this book! It sounds so good and the cover is amazing! Awesome blog :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was my WoW pick a few weeks ago. I'm seriously DYING to read it! Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Dorian Gray, Pride & Prejudice, and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde...wow! This book should rock!

    Also, I’m a new follower— awesome blog. Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete