Social Media

NAV

29 July 2011

Book Mini-Review:Crystal Bones by C. Aubrey Hall

Crystal Bones (The Faelin Chronicles, #1)Crystal Bones by
C. Aubrey Hall
Publisher:Marshall Cavendish
Pages: Hardcover, 352
Young Adult
Date Published:
April 5th 2011
Source: ARC



A YA fantasy trilogy about a twin boy and girl, the children of a Fae mother and a human father, who discover a new destiny when their parents are murdered. (From GoodReads)



REVIEW:
     Crystal Bones was not one of my favorite books. It was slow and at some parts I felt myself being lost or confused. But I must say with all of that aside It has the potential to become better in the 2nd book. Crystal Bones is the type of book in which parents are killed, must go find the killer, find out parents have been lying to me my whole life books. You know the type. The book centers around two twins Diello and Cynthe.
     Diello and Cynthe are two fae twins  who have a  fae mother and a human father. After both of their parents are killed they journey to find answers to the deaths and to discover who they are. This was one of my first fae books so I cant relate them to other fae. The twins have to face a bunch of stops in their journey to find clues. Even being caught and turned into slaves at one point. The MC's were kept at home for most of their lives so they have no friends. Which makes their journey a lot tougher since they have to rely on themselves.
    The author did not give each character a distinctive voice. I found that throughout some characters blended together . I also felt that the author was kinda over descriptive so I found the book dragging along some. The beginning and the end of the book  were the best in my opinion.
     All in all Crystal Bones was a meh to good book. I want to read the next in the series to see if there are any improvements but I wouldn't kill myself for it. So if you are looking for a nice adventure book I would suggest this to you.

0 Random Thoughts:

Post a Comment